The mathematics and programming worlds are intertwined.
Therefore, in order to become an excellent programmer/Pythonista, I have come to realize that having a solid base in mathematics is undoubtedly an advantage.
Here are some resources for you to consider if you need a helping hand in mathematics:
- Khan Academy: If you want to polish and solidify your mathematics for FREE, this is a great place to start. The videos are concise and pertinent.
- Also, if you are a public school teacher (in the U.S.) there is a great incentive for you to include coding in your classroom:
Public school teachers, introduce your students to coding and earn $1000 or more for your classroom!
For more information go to: Khan Academy
- MIT Open Course Ware: This is a great place to find challenge and excel in maths. It is aimed at a more advanced audience though. I recommend to start with Khan Academy and then pursue with MIT Open CourseWare.
MathWorks expands its support for digital learning at MIT (MIT News)
- Math tutors
- Math meetups
- Math study groups
- I tutor math for the SAT preparation. So, if you want to set up a review session, let me know. I would be glad to help.
- Also, I created a classroom in Khan Academy tailored to future Pythonistas. Let me know if you want to join.