Here is a list of books, articles, videos and quotes that are interesting to consider:
- Downey, Allen. (2012). Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist. Sebastopol: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
Gotta love this book!
- Foer, Joshua (2011). Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything. New York: Penguin Press
Once you put your mind into something, it is impressive how you can achieve it. This book is just an example.
- Pólya, George (1945). How to Solve It. Princeton: Princeton University Press
This book is a must on our journey to code.
- Cox, Brian & Forshaw, Jeff (2009). Why Does E=mc2?: (And Why Should We Care?). Boston: Da Capo Press
This book is brilliant.
- Carnegie, Dale (1936). How to Win Friends and Influence People. New York: Simon & Schuster Inc
This book is a true gem. I know it is not related to programming. However, it becomes handy in the workplace.
- Godin, Seth & Tedblogguest. (February 3, 2014). Seth Godin: Why I want you to steal my ideas. TED Ideas Worth Spreading.
- This TED Talk goes in the same line of thought as the article above: Ronson, Mark. (March, 2014). The exhilarating creativity of remixing. TED Ideas Worth Spreading.
- Walters, Helen. (March 2, 2012). Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change: Brené Brown at TED2012. TED Ideas Worth Spreading.
- “What you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” ― Goethe
- “I am that bold fearless person” ― Diana Nyad
- “There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that is you own self.” ― Aldous Huxley
- “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” ― Confucius
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston Churchill
- “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” ― Brené Brown
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Success often comes to those who dare and act; it seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences.” ― Jawaharlal Nehru
- “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” – Mark Twain
- “Never, ever give up”
- “You can chase your dreams at any age. You are never too old” ― Diana Nyad
- “When you achieve your dreams is not so much what you get but who you have become” ― Henry David Thoreau paraphrased by Diana Nyad
- “Find a way” ― Diana Nyad
- “My spirit is unstoppable” ― Janine Shepherd
- “Make Good Art” ― Neil Gaiman
- “Olé to you nonetheless just for having the sheer human love and stubbornness to keep showing up” ― Elizabeth Gilbert – TED Talk